Calendar of Events
April 6, 2018 - April 8, 2018
Spiritual Growth and Healing with the Enneagram
“The world is a mountain. Whatever you say, it will echo it back to you.” — Rumi
Echoes of the Mountain
Journey to Consciousness through the Spirituality of the Enneagram
Since earliest reckoning, Man has aspired to commune with God and hear his Divine wisdom. The very act of “climbing the mountain”opens the heart, mind and instinct into a greater understanding of self and the world. We return … transformed.
The Enneagram, a tool for this transformation, provides deeper understanding of God’s Divine plan for our lives. It is the roadmap for reconciling conflict and creating greater harmony in the world. Study of this ancient wisdom sheds light on our true selves, making it possible to set aside dualistic thinking and embrace the Divine perfection of all.
Join us on the Mountain
Dr. Joseph Howell, author of Becoming Conscious: The Enneagram’s Forgotten Passageway, and the faculty of the Institute for Conscious Being present an in-depth exploration into the Spirituality of the Enneagram. Throughout this extended weekend, ICB presents innovative ways to apply the Enneagram’s wisdom to every aspect of life. Highlights include:
- Dynamic Plenary Sessions: Dr. Howell and ICB’s senior faculty present multi-media lectures to deepen your understanding of the Enneagram — from basic to conversant application.
- Consciousness Theater: Experience a lively performance demonstrating how ego and essence can manifest in our daily lives.
- The Living Enneagram: Discern answers to real problems and challenges through the pathway of the Enneagram
- Group Work: Connect with others who share your Ego type and explore expression of your true self as never before.
- Live Music: Engage the soul with the string duet of professional musicians, Melanie Rodgers and Drexel Rayford
"I have attended Enneagram teachings all over the world, but ICB's conference is the only one that so effectively interfaces the Enneagram with Christianity." — Curt Micka, president of the International Enneagram Association
Who Should Attend?
All persons who are interested in developing a greater understanding of themselves and the world around them, including:
• Leaders in the church, business, government, the courts and education
• Mental Health professionals
• Pastoral counselors
• Spiritual Directors
• Organizational Teams/ Staff
• All persons interested in self-inquiry and healing
• Persons wishing to gain certification in the Spirituality of the Enneagram*
*This conference provides the foundation of understanding required for those seeking certification in the Spirituality of the Enneagram. This in-depth course is offered annually by ICB. More information on certification will be provided at the conference and is available at instituteforconsciousbeing.org/certification.
Dr. Joe Howell is a clinical psychologist in Anniston, Alabama and a regionally-known expert on the Enneagram, which he has studied and taught for more than 28 years. He is the author of Becoming Conscious: The Enneagram’s Forgotten Passageway and founder of the Institute for Conscious Being (ICB). A graduate of Samford University (B.A. 1971), Yale Divinity School (MAR 1974), The University of Virginia (Ph.D. 1978), and fellow in Clinical Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School (1978-79), Dr. Howell has been practicing clinical psychology since 1980. He began his work on the Enneagram at the Jesuit Retreat House in Cleveland, Ohio with Patrick O’Leary and Maria Beesing in the mid-eighties. A couple of years later, he collaborated with Don Riso on his visits in Anniston. To view Dr. Howell's video on the Enneagram, click here.
Lark Howell is co-founder of ICB and a native of Anniston, Alabama where she attends Grace Episcopal Church. She is also coordinator for the annual summer conference FACE: Faith, Art & Creative Expression (Liturgical Arts) at Kanuga.
More information on faculty and adjunct faculty at instituteforconsciousbeing.org
For information on pricing for shared rooms , please call St. Mary's Sewanee
When: Friday 05:00 pm - Sunday 11:00 am
Fee: The Anna House: $495.00 (Single)